OFF TO THE RACES!

8:20 AM

You know one of those things that happens completely by chance but that ends up being a ball? This Saturday was definitely that for me! One of my best friends and I took ourselves off to the Vodacom Durban July for the first time ever and can I just say, boy have I been missing out. She messaged me the night before and asked me to come along and I scoffed, yeah right, be serious, only to find out that she actually was. This is an event people plan their outfits for months in advance and when I considered whether to tag along all I could thing was: what will I wear?! I had a look in my closet (and my mother's one too) and found this Dorothy Perkins number sitting, never having been worn before at the back of my closet. I tried it on and thought, I could make this work. Since the dress was grey I picked up on those details with my silver clutch and my blush pink wedges (the only shoe to wear anywhere near a racetrack I think). I fooled around with my hair a bit and finally decided to part it down the middle and pull it to the side. After putting on all my makeup I had to decide on the lipstick and Mac's Dubonnet was the perfect choice (made literally five minutes before leaving). My nails were a fun purple and I used my new favourite topcoat to finish them off. It was a beautiful day at 28 degrees and the view of the track from the balcony was amazing (my fear of heights aside). There were a lot of laughs, a case of mistaken identity, some misdirection and really yummy beef stir fry throughout the day and I would definitely recommend attending the event to anyone who hasn't been. Horseracing for competitive folks like my friends and I was just a new thing to obsess over. We tried our hand at betting and lost a bit but won too so all in all I'd try it again. Thanks to my friend for inviting me, it was an experience I'll never forget.







Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Sissy Boy
Bag: Gifted
Lips: Dubonnet by Mac
Nails: Prom Berry by Essence

Now I know I've been absent a long time but there are a whole lot of reasons for that! I have products to review and maybe a Life Lately post coming up! In the meantime you can follow my blog on bloglovin' and me on Instagram to keep up with me.

Yours In Style
X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images