An Ode To Essence: A Series

10:21 AM

Since I've started beauty blogging I've learnt a lot about makeup (but never enough because there's always something you didn't know or couldn't have expected) and in my learning I've come to love brands like Lancôme and Mac and a few of those other brand names causing a friend to good-naturedly remark on my 'expensive taste' and claim that since she's living on a 'student budget' there's no way she could afford some of the stuff on this blog (I say 'good-naturedly' because she was quite clearly exaggerating and it amused me to no end). I was going through my makeup bag recently (I like to do that sometimes when I want to try new looks) I remembered my friends words and, after coming across all my Essence buys, decided what would be better than sharing some of my favourites with you? 


Essence is an English brand of makeup that sells fun, affordable and reliable products great for the makeup beginner but also perfect for the veteran who wants to try something out before venturing to pick out a more expensive option. The key pull for me with Essence products is the affordability, there just isn't a brand with their consistency that sells beauty products at that price! So while I do stock some of the higher end products, I believe you can never go wrong with an Essence buy!

I was originally going to do this as a single post just to talk about the products briefly but then I realised I had too many pictures for one post and more importantly, too much to say in a single post. So...I decided to do it as a series that'll run on the blog for two weeks. I've decided to call the series 'An ode to Essence'. Join me these next two weeks as I rave (and hopefully offer a useful opinion too) about my Essence favourites.

Yours in Style
X

                               

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love me some Essence :-) xoxo

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I pop into Clicks, I always have to stop at the Essence stand! Everything is always so bright and more often than not I can't resist the urge to buy! X

      Delete
  2. I loooooooooooove Essence too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can do no wrong! They always have such good products! Glad to see others share my love of Essence!
      X

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images