ALL DRESSED IN WHITE

1:23 PM

Bonjour mes amis! It certainly has been a long time since the last post but I can only use the usual excuse: I've been a busy bee attempting to complete my final year of law school with a modicum of my sanity in tact (more on that in an upcoming post). Recently my friends and I took ourselves off to the Ocean Terrace at the Oyster Box for a lunch in celebration of one of my friends getting herself engaged (yes, you read that correctly)! As the first one in my group of friends to get ready to make the big commitment I have to say its been very exciting for all of us helping her plan and preparing for the big day which is very soon! We decided to get dressed up in white (all except the bride to be) just to be perverse or perhaps because law students have a weird sense of humour and enjoyed a little bad (that is, unhealthy but delicious) food and a good load of laughs. Naturally talk turned to the future and all the plans everyone was making for their vacation and employment (gulp!) but it was hard to be very stressed for long what with all the gift giving not to mention the wonderful sights surrounding us and I'm sure we all had a lovely day (I know I did!) It's strange to think I met all these people when I first began law school four years ago and that that journey is over but with it come new beginnings! To my lovely friend and her groom to be I wish you all the best and can't wait for you two to tie the knot! 

On to the pictures! Be warned there are plenty but I have to admit to having enjoying wielding my neglected Nikon. I have so much to share and hopefully I can stop long enough in my hectic schedule to do so. 












My outfit:

Top: Wallis
Skirt: Mr Price
Shoes: Mr Price
Floral Crown: Mr Price

I have to say I'm one of those people who likes to try a trend then decide. Midi skirts, at least the kind that puff out like this were something I had to give a shot and while I don't hate the results I'm not entirely convinced…

What do you think?

Yours In Style
X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I WANT MY SINS FORGIVEN LIKE THE TAX COLLECTOR by steve finnell


    Advocates of having sins forgiven by reciting a sinner's pray use as a proof-text the parable of the publican and the Pharisee.

    Luke 18:9-14 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank You I am not like other men---extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' 13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying , 'God be merciful to me a sinner!. 14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be abased, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.(NKJV)

    This is not a parable about salvation, it is about arrogance versus humility.

    There is no indication that the Pharisee nor the Jewish tax collector were believers in Jesus Christ. They were both Jews.

    If you want say a sinner's prayer so you can be saved like the Jewish tax collector. Then you believe you can have your sins forgiven without confessing Jesus as the Christ. You think you can be saved without believing that God raised Jesus from the dead. You believe you can be saved without believing that Jesus is the Son of God. You believe you can be saved by rejecting what Jesus said when He said he who has been baptized will be saved.

    The tax collector (publican) was not a Christian, nor did he become a Christian by praying a prayer of humility.

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images