MAC takes me to The Dark Side

9:35 AM

Mac Lipstick: Dark Side
Price: R180, 00

In my humble opinion makeup by MAC is always a great buy! Recently I picked up a new shade of Mac lipstick in a deep purple which a friend of mine hastily assured me was 'right on trend'. As I had been noticing a few fashion forward individuals on the streets and in the blogosphere sporting the shade I couldn't help but agree.

I always love visiting the Mac store, going through what I call the 'Mac Experience' which, in summary, involves friendly and helpful staff and me leaving the store feeling like I'm one more lipstick in the right direction. When I went to pick up my latest buy I was not disappointed. I simply told the make up artist I was in the market for a 'deep purple' and she was quick to find me some samples, telling me what would, in her expert opinion, look best on my skin (advice I appreciated)! Without a second thought I made the purchase...something which I was excited about until I had to wear the colour (is deep purple really my colour?)...

I finally bit the bullet and did a trial and the results were a win! The shade isn't as loud as I thought but it still makes an impact. The lipstick smells yummy (if I didn't know better I might be convinced to take a bite) and doesn't leave my lips dry but instead moisturizes. I love it's subtle glossy effect and above it all I appreciate the fact that it doesn't have that grainy almost gritty effect some lipsticks I've encountered in the past have (yuck)!

If you aren't already, you should definitely be using Mac! This is a fun colour to try! Let me know what you think...

Your In Style
X





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images