TRESOR in Love

9:32 AM

Tresor in Love
(This time I did not lose the till slip, I simply purchased the fragrance in another country haha).
Price: SR 300, 00 (Saudi Riyals) (about) R600, 00

When I received Lancôme's latest fragrance, Tresor in Love, I couldn't wait to give it a try. I had just used up a bottle of their last fragrance, Tresor, an experience which I had enjoyed and which accounted for my excitement for the new fragrance. I didn't know what to expect from the new fragrance but one look at the delicate bottle, the fabric rose and the soft pink hue had me guessing I was in for something light, sweet and not at all overpowering.

I especially loved the packaging and the French description of the product which read: 'une touche de nectarine et de bois de cèdre, une rose de caractère et un jasmin lumineux, composent ce parfume floral irrésistible' (a touch of nectarine and cedar wood, a rose with character and a luminous jasmine, compose this irresistible floral fragrance). Having a basic understanding of the language meant I could translate the words but I'm sure even if I hadn't understood them I would have been impressed (because everything sounds better in French, oui?)

My expectations were proved partially correct in that the fragrance was light but not at all the sickly sweet I had expected. I don't know how to explain it other than to say that the fragrance has a sort of 'bite' to it that makes it more than the cliche girly fragrance. Maybe that's because of the cedar wood and jasmine. While it's scent isn't overpowering this isn't the plus you would think it would be because what I found was that the scent is actually underpowering. It lacks staying power and while I love the scent, I'm not willing to drown myself in it to keep it going the whole day.

The verdict? Hmm...my love of all things Lancôme means I was slightly disappointed by this one. It seems to me that the focus when making a good fragrance, after perfecting its scent that is, should be making sure it lasts. However, the delicate rose fragrance and the way it has me feeling light and fresh when I wear it go a long way to consoling me!

Yours In Style
X




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooh I've never tried their fragrances before, but I adore anything rose scented-so I'll have to give this a try!:) Great review! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki, thank for stopping by! Floral fragrances are always a favourite of mine. I'm glad you're gonna give this one a try.
    X

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images