INGLOT: Hot or Not?

8:03 AM

Inglot Lipsick: #243
Price: R140, 00

Bold colours for lips and clothes are all the rage at the moment and I have to admit I'm definitely a fan of the trend. There's nothing I love more than leaving a makeup store with some new colourful lipstick in hand and knowing I'll soon be trying to play up or tone down whatever shade I've bought.

When I made my way to Inglot on a recent trip to Cape Town I couldn't wait to find a new colour to buy. I've seen celebs rocking the pink lips trend and I always wondered if that was something I could pull off. I'm one of those people that has to warm up to a trend before I try it and I this time was no different. Seeing all the colours of lipstick arranged on the shelves of the store definitely convinced me to go for a bold colour and pink was one I'd been thinking to try so I picked it up and asked the sales assistant to help me try it on.

I quizzed her about the colour and other shades I'd see in the store and found her somewhat reluctant to offer me any information. I don't know why that was and started thinking either she was treating me that way because she didn't believe I was going to purchase anything or because she was uninformed about the topics I was asking her about (neither of which endeared her to me). I quickly bought the shade and brought it home where it's been sitting waiting for me to be brave enough to try.

A makeup trial told me all I needed to know about the product. The shade is great but the quality was not the best I've ever encountered. I found the lipstick too glossy for my tastes and that it sat on my lips rather than covering them like I've come to expect. Overall I wasn't too impressed but appreciate the reasonable price.

So what do you think: hot or not?

Yours In Style
X





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You have such a beautiful blog dear, found your blog via sabloggers on twitter. Good luck with the blogging, maybe we can follow each others blog via GFC? Hit me up

    http://clothes-lovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images